NWCLARK TPF grant report #26

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
March 29, 2012 04:29
Subject:
NWCLARK TPF grant report #26
Message ID:
20120329112917.GA37285@plum.flirble.org
[Hours]		[Activity]
2012/02/27	Monday
 0.25		RT #37033
 1.75		feature.pm
 1.50		perl.c init functions
=====
 3.50

2012/02/28	Tuesday
 7.25		B::Deparse CORE::say regression
 1.00		B::Deparse refactoring
 0.50		feature.pm
=====
 8.75

Which I calculate is 12.25 hours

The two days I was able to get some work done, I mostly finished off a
chunk of work related to a regression introduced by commit 6634bb9d0ed117be.
A side effect of the improvements in that change was a small regression in
how code such as this would deparse:

    use 5.10.0;
    say "Perl rules";

It should deparse as C<say> - instead it started to be deparsed as
C<CORE::say>. Of course nothing in life (or at least in perl 5) is simple,
as verifying that this is fixed turned out to be something the B::Deparse
tests couldn't actually do - they were structured in such a way that they
effectively ran with an implicit C<use 5.10.0> at the top level. So first
the B::Deparse test infrastructure had to be refactored to remove that, and
tests that were relying on it fixed.

Nicholas Clark