Re: pop @INC (".")

From:
Steffen Schwigon
Date:
March 12, 2012 06:16
Re: pop @INC (".")
Message ID:
87boo29cz4.fsf@renormalist.net
Jesse Luehrs <doy@tozt.net> writes:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 12:58:49PM -0800, Jan Dubois wrote:
>> So I think a Configure option to build perl without '.' in @INC would
>> be fine (and core tests should be updated to accommodate that), but a
>> forced -T does not feel right to me.
>
> Well, "use t::Foo" is reasonably common in test scripts, but more
> importantly, this would break installation of any dist that uses
> Module::Install (which works by "use inc::Module::Install"). CPAN
> clients (and possibly test harnesses) would need to be updated to add
> '.' back in during module installation in order to avoid breaking a
> significant portion of CPAN.

It's comparable to relocatable paths: it would start with hickups,
that's why a Configure option is useful; some might never use it, some
do. In any way, it has the chance to get fixed, slowly, of course.

I like the Configure option and would try to use it.

Kind regards,
Steffen
--
Steffen Schwigon <ss5@renormalist.net>