Re: pop @INC (".")

From:
Todd Rinaldo
Date:
March 8, 2012 22:59
Re: pop @INC (".")
Message ID:
8F4B9D9F-7A40-4FB1-8FAC-DCEF3C2F14C4@cpanel.net
Disclaimer: I started this thread to explore how crazy I would be to implement this as an "optional" Configure item. I'm not 100% set on it and I appreciate everyone's feedback. Your input has been very useful to suss out where all the dragons are before I start any work.

On Mar 8, 2012, at 6:54 PM, Jan Dubois wrote:

> Now, given the arguments about t::Foo and inc::Module::Install, it
> may turn out to be a similarly bad idea to do this, but that is still
> no reason not to provide the ropeā€¦

I've been thinking about that this afternoon. I wonder if 95% of the @INC has "." assumptions couldn't be dealt with by simply adding "." to @INC during Testing. My thinking is that it might be as simple as altering EU::MM, M:B, M:I, and/or possibly just Test::Harness. This could even be done only if $Config{no_dot_in_path};.

Todd