Re: pop @INC (".")

From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
March 8, 2012 18:03
Re: pop @INC (".")
Message ID:
7008.1331258541@chthon
"Jan Dubois" <jand@activestate.com> wrote
   on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:54:36 PST:

> This is not about changing the default, just about providing the
> option to do this, which is totally in the spirit of Perl.

Thanks, Jan.  You're right that I misunderstood.  That's less
disastrous then.  I still think it's a bad idea, and I would
hate to see vendors springing such a config on people with
working programs that expect it to work.

I'd still rather people take the steps Abigail mentioned
if they are "worried" about it.  Perl's had this for a
very very long time.  I believe require showed up in perl3.

We can't compile programs, so we live with everything that ever
happened in the past.  It's not like a change to the C compiler,
since that doesn't affecting running programs.  Here anything we
do affects all programs, everywhere, everywhen.  I've certainly
got programs that I haven't touched since perl3.   There's still
no way to know who is relying on this.  I don't want us blamed.

--tom