RE: pop @INC (".")

From:
Jan Dubois
Date:
March 8, 2012 16:54
RE: pop @INC (".")
Message ID:
001301ccfd8f$33f92b60$9beb8220$@activestate.com
On Thu, 08 Mar 2012, Tom Christiansen wrote:

> You cannot change running programs out from under them.  This
> egregious break with backwards compatibilty will break other
> people's programs.  I guarantee it.  I also guarantee that doing
> so will be a complete disaster.

This is not about changing the default, just about providing the
option to do this, which is totally in the spirit of Perl.  Configure
even allows you to build Perl without support for DynaLoader (-Uusedl).
This breaks probably more programs than removing '.' and it has
still made its way into the build system.

Now, given the arguments about t::Foo and inc::Module::Install, it
may turn out to be a similarly bad idea to do this, but that is still
no reason not to provide the rope...

Cheers,
-Jan