Re: pop @INC (".")

From:
Todd Rinaldo
Date:
March 8, 2012 15:08
Re: pop @INC (".")
Message ID:
B00AA3A6-9CE2-4AA1-AA8C-B0D5518E3141@cpanel.net

On Mar 8, 2012, at 4:58 PM, David Golden wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Abigail <abigail@abigail.be> wrote:
>>
>> If someone wants "." not to be in @INC, (s)he has a couple of options:
>>  - build a Perl with an @INC that does not have "."
I'm not looking to enforce this on all distros, but I think it could be a useful Configure option

> Is there a way to do that today with Configure?  I think that's what
> Todd wants to do -- *optional* not default.

Not at the moment. I have to patch perl.c in order to remove it.

I'm pretty sure I could provide such a patch on my own. It turns out there's only about 4 test files in core that need patching if "." is not in the path. At the moment, I'm hearing some distaste for the idea, but also some interest. So I'll be sending a patch for discussion once 5.16 is put to bed.

Todd