develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2012

Re: [perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead ofTkforevent looping

From:
Marc Lehmann
Date:
February 3, 2012 06:51
Subject:
Re: [perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead ofTkforevent looping
Message ID:
20120203145052.GB19882@schmorp.de
On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 08:07:56AM +0100, Steffen Mueller <smueller@cpan.org> wrote:
> On 02/03/2012 02:32 AM, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> [...]
> >And as such, I reserve the right to print warnings or fatal out in any way I
> >want in my module. If you don't like it, you can bring it up and we can talk,
> >or you can ignore my module, or you can tell others not to use it because of
> >that, but joining a fud campaign on the wrong mailinglist is simply not ok.
> 
> There are many things I disagree about with you, Marc, including the
> notion of this being a campaign of some sort[1]

Why else would somebody (Rocco) post fabricated statements ot this list to
badmouth my person? I challenged Rocco to provide evidence, but he failed
to do so and failed to take back his lie.

At the very least that's his campaign, or give me another reason why Rocco
would spread such a lie publicly? It serves no other purpose than to
slander me, because he must be well aware that he's not telling the truth.

And it even worked with a few people (fortunately not too many) here.

> want[2] with your CPAN contributions. More importantly, demerphq,
> who originally reacted so strongly, has publicly expressed that he
> has come around to this line of thinking as well.

While I don't read his mail the same waa as you apparently (he didn't only
really reverted a tiny part of what he said), I appreciate that he did, it
really wasn't appropriate.

> In the context, I would like to kindly suggest that this thread pass
> away in relative peace to whatever place that flame wars go to when
> they die. (This directed at everyone.)

This is not a just flamewar - Rocco abused this list to slander my person
specifically with fabricated statements, and this needs to be spelled out.

I fully agree that discussing the actual issues on this list is wrong,
too, but make sure you don't get confused and remember who started it, and
how.

> [2] Within limits. I draw the line at, for example, racism, or
> malware. And I am quite certain that the other PAUSE admins, most
> notably Andreas, have a similar view on this.

I have a very similar view on that too. Seems that the closest thing to
the powers-to-be on CPAN agree with me, as well, and it's good to hear
that demerphq got to his senses as well.

Perl developers asking for modules to be removed because of their personal
taste is really a very bad sign to module authors, so it really should not
happen.

-- 
                The choice of a       Deliantra, the free code+content MORPG
      -----==-     _GNU_              http://www.deliantra.net
      ----==-- _       generation
      ---==---(_)__  __ ____  __      Marc Lehmann
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp@schmorp.de
      -=====/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\



nntp.perl.org: Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.
Comments to Ask Bjørn Hansen at ask@perl.org | Group listing | About