develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2012

Re: [perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead of Tkforeventlooping

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
February 2, 2012 23:08
Re: [perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead of Tkforeventlooping
Message ID:
4F2B87CC.2030402@cpan.org
On 02/03/2012 02:32 AM, Marc Lehmann wrote:
[...]
> And as such, I reserve the right to print warnings or fatal out in any way I
> want in my module. If you don't like it, you can bring it up and we can talk,
> or you can ignore my module, or you can tell others not to use it because of
> that, but joining a fud campaign on the wrong mailinglist is simply not ok.

There are many things I disagree about with you, Marc, including the
notion of this being a campaign of some sort[1], but not the rest of the
above paragraph. I agree that it's your right to do whatever you want[2]
with your CPAN contributions. More importantly, demerphq, who originally
reacted so strongly, has publicly expressed that he has come around to
this line of thinking as well.

In the context, I would like to kindly suggest that this thread pass
away in relative peace to whatever place that flame wars go to when they
die. (This directed at everyone.)

Thank you.
Steffen

[1] But that's a detail I do not care to discuss at length.

[2] Within limits. I draw the line at, for example, racism, or malware.
And I am quite certain that the other PAUSE admins, most notably
Andreas, have a similar view on this.