develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2012

Re: XS Typemap documentation and related changes

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
February 2, 2012 22:55
Re: XS Typemap documentation and related changes
Message ID:
4F2B84F3.1000005@cpan.org
On 02/02/2012 06:25 AM, Karl Williamson wrote:
> I'm also getting some test failures, which I suspect are from this change
>
> .../ext/XS-Typemap/t/Typemap.t (Wstat: 1024 Tests: 114 Failed: 4)
> Failed tests: 94-95, 97-98
>
> In the past, usually when I get failures that don't show up in smokes,
> it's because I'm using -Dusemorebits, though that seems like an unlikely
> cause here.

It was the oldest bug in the history of floating point 1. != 1. if you
have squinted funny at either one of the numbers. Replaced with a
comparison with fuzz and all is well.

Thanks for finding this.

Cheers,
Steffen