develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2012

Re: [perl #109542] $1 handled differently in integer arithmetics

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 1, 2012 16:37
Re: [perl #109542] $1 handled differently in integer arithmetics
Message ID:
CANgJU+VDATqz09C7NL6+EUZ0J65g+wS5a=wmhiO5f+WDXLZxtw@mail.gmail.com
On 2 February 2012 01:13, Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> wrote:
>> Performance.  I'd be happy to lose a bit of performance for saner
>> behaviour, but Reini will argue vehemently against it.  Between the
>> two of us you'll find a range of opinions about which optimisations are
>> worth the hassle.
>
> I have a feeling that if we do this we might as well add $& to that
> list.

> Hard data would be most welcome.

Yes, but probably requires a complete patch. Some thinking on what the
issues are first is probably a good idea.

Yves