develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2012

Re: [perl #109542] $1 handled differently in integer arithmetics

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
February 1, 2012 16:14
Re: [perl #109542] $1 handled differently in integer arithmetics
Message ID:
CAHhgV8hHsLZKre9JcjEpRQzT2qn+VqQubyps2zTYitRf7swq4A@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> wrote:
> Performance.  I'd be happy to lose a bit of performance for saner
> behaviour, but Reini will argue vehemently against it.  Between the
> two of us you'll find a range of opinions about which optimisations are
> worth the hassle.

I have a feeling that if we do this we might as well add $& to that
list. Hard data would be most welcome.

Leon