develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2012

Re: [perl #109542] $1 handled differently in integer arithmetics

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
February 1, 2012 16:05
Re: [perl #109542] $1 handled differently in integer arithmetics
Message ID:
CAHiT=DFgU7X6WboxoD7ghDUi6KofnGASB5A2xbXZ96-W2jJn0Q@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> wrote:
> demerphq wrote:
>Why don't we just copy the
>>values and be done with the bugs?
>
> Performance.  I'd be happy to lose a bit of performance for saner
> behaviour, but Reini will argue vehemently against it.  Between the
> two of us you'll find a range of opinions about which optimisations are
> worth the hassle.

I will not oppose any fix here in this area, as it does not affect
general performance.
Handling int's from regex results is not performance critical :)
If copying helps please do copy.

I only oppose slowness in critical areas.
--
Reini Urban
http://cpanel.net/   http://www.perl-compiler.org/