develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2012

Re: [perl #109542] $1 handled differently in integer arithmetics

From:
Zefram
Date:
February 1, 2012 15:49
Re: [perl #109542] $1 handled differently in integer arithmetics
Message ID:
20120201234851.GB1408@lake.fysh.org
demerphq wrote:
>                                        Why don't we just copy the
>values and be done with the bugs?

Performance.  I'd be happy to lose a bit of performance for saner
behaviour, but Reini will argue vehemently against it.  Between the
two of us you'll find a range of opinions about which optimisations are
worth the hassle.

-zefram