develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2012

Re: [perl #109542] $1 handled differently in integer arithmetics

From:
Abhijit Menon-Sen
Date:
February 1, 2012 13:01
Re: [perl #109542] $1 handled differently in integer arithmetics
Message ID:
20120201210100.GA23642@toroid.org
At 2012-02-01 12:35:00 -0800, perlbug-followup@perl.org wrote:

> But in the case of SvIV_please_nomg, we have already called magic (the
> whole raison d’être for the _nomg variant), so there is no reason not
> to treat SvPOKp as equivalent to SvPOK.
>
> Does that sound right?

It sounds right in principle, but it's not clear to me how to translate
that into a fix. In how many more places is that equivalence relevant,
and where must we add "|| SvPOKp(sv)"s to let them all through? Doing
it only in SvIV_please_nomg is insufficient. Or is there some easier
way to do it? Comments gratefully received.

-- ams