develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2012

Re: [perl #109408] Documentation that refers to Perl 5 as new

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
February 1, 2012 03:46
Re: [perl #109408] Documentation that refers to Perl 5 as new
Message ID:
CAHhgV8itWH5SqM_Pee1V+PpY_2K6B2nFN5Ae2uw6JWqbSaFhXg@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 4:27 AM, Tom Christiansen <tchrist@perl.com> wrote:
> =begin table picture A mapping of Python to Perl jargon
>
> =headrow
>
> =cell Python
>
> =cell Perl
>
> =bodyrows
>
> =row
>
> =cell Tuple
>
> =cell List
>
> =row
>
> =cell List
>
> =cell Array
>
> =row
>
> =cell Dictionary
>
> =cell Hash
>
> =end table

You have tables in your POD? We should have that in the core POD toolchain too.

> =item *
>
> Perl methods are just methods, and they always receive their invocant as a
> bonus, initial argument.  Perl as a language makes no distinction between
> object methods, class methods, or static methods in the Python sense of these tings.

Isn't the same true for Python? (No python expert here).

Leon