[perl #109408] Documentation that refers to Perl 5 as new

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
January 31, 2012 21:33
Subject:
[perl #109408] Documentation that refers to Perl 5 as new
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1328074395-368.109408-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Jan 31 19:54:02 2012, tonyc wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 08:27:02PM -0700, Tom Christiansen wrote:
> > Brian Fraser <fraserbn@gmail.com> wrote
> >
> > > There's only one big deletion, which was most of perltrap.pod --
> It dealt
> > > with traps for Perl 4 programmers migrating to Perl 5. It would be
> really
> > > swell if someone could update perltrap for their other favorite
> language of
> > > choice, since right now the document is severely lacking, only
> dealing with
> > > awk, shell, C/C++, and Perl itself.
> >
> > Brian and I wrote substantial sections for Python, Ruby, and Java
> for Camel4.
> > It's way too long, but if you want to cut it down to something
> reasonable,
> > that might do. The Java I'm pretty firm on, Python is ok, but I
> haven't a clue
> > about Ruby. You have like only 3 days to tell us if any of this is
> wrong. :(
> > Chromatic checked the Java and Python, but those I wasn't too
> nervous about,
> > especially Java.
>
> I only noticed a typo:

Same here:

=item *

Perl interpolated strings don’t have to be double-quoted: they can uses
C<qq> with arbitrary delimiters.  Similarly generic
uninterpolated strings don’t have to use single quotes: they can use a
C<q> with arbitrary delimiters.

	q/That's all, folks/
	q(No interpolation for $100)
	qq(Interpolation for $animal)