Re: [perl #109262] Increase the fallback value of MAXPATHLEN

From:
Dominic Hargreaves
Date:
January 31, 2012 01:55
Re: [perl #109262] Increase the fallback value of MAXPATHLEN
Message ID:
20120131095538.GU4209@urchin.earth.li
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 04:01:57PM -0800, Father Chrysostomos via RT wrote:
> On Mon Jan 30 14:44:05 2012, dom wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 12:39:39PM -0800, Mark Overmeer via RT wrote:
> > > * Dominic Hargreaves (dom@earth.li) [120129 18:55]:
> > >
> > > It's not "in Perl", but only "in glob" (at least the bug report)
> > > Whether (for instance) chown can handle long path or not is an
> > > other thing.
> >
> > That's pretty much my point. Increasing the fallback value is a quick
> > win for GNU/Hurd users, without risking breaking other parts of the
> > system.
> >

> I think that’s a good enough argument for this small change.  I’ve
> applied it as ffa23acf6b.  Thank you.

Unfortunately, and rather embarrassingly, I only just[1] received the
mail[2] sent on Sunday pointing out that that fix isn't sufficient.
Mea culpa for not verifying the fix properly :(

It's likely, therefore, that another commit will be needed, once we've
figured out what makes sense.

Dominic.

[1] Debian infrastructure problems
[2] <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=656869#16>