Re: "Avoiding the vendor perl fad diet"

From:
Sven Dowideit
Date:
January 30, 2012 23:45
Re: "Avoiding the vendor perl fad diet"
Message ID:
4F279A49.8040506@home.org.au
On 31/01/12 07:59, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> I am using Ubuntu and not Debian but theoretically this should not make
> any difference in this discussion. Let me know if you think it does.

sadly, this is not the case, Debian makes a lot of effort for and with
perl, and Ubuntu cripples it.

take a quick peek at the number of cpan packages that are in debian and
not in ubuntu.. :(

its seriously worth focusing on figuring out how best debian and perl5
can get the best result together, and then deal with its derivatives
once you have a strong idea of whats best (as debian in my experience
emphasizes quality the most)

Sven