[perl #109262] Increase the fallback value of MAXPATHLEN

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
January 30, 2012 16:02
Subject:
[perl #109262] Increase the fallback value of MAXPATHLEN
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1327968117-420.109262-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Jan 30 14:44:05 2012, dom wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 12:39:39PM -0800, Mark Overmeer via RT wrote:
> > * Dominic Hargreaves (dom@earth.li) [120129 18:55]:
> > > PATH_MAX. I'm not sure I want to be the one who enables that in perl,
> > > even if it theoretically correct.
> >
> > It's not "in Perl", but only "in glob" (at least the bug report)
> > Whether (for instance) chown can handle long path or not is an
> > other thing.
>
> That's pretty much my point. Increasing the fallback value is a quick
> win for GNU/Hurd users, without risking breaking other parts of the
> system.

I think that’s a good enough argument for this small change.  I’ve
applied it as ffa23acf6b.  Thank you.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---