[perl #109378] debian libfakeroot build fails with 5.15.7

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
January 30, 2012 14:47
Subject:
[perl #109378] debian libfakeroot build fails with 5.15.7
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1327963639-1668.109378-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Jan 30 10:55:36 2012, LeonT wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Father Chrysostomos via RT
> <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> > And it only happens when testing as root, right? �I believe we have
> > already fixed this in commit d2faed7ebc.
>
> I can't help noticing that the skipping checks the real UID, even
> though file system permissions are only effected by the effective user
> id ($>). Could that be the cause of the problem?

It probably is.  When I applied that patch, I had a nagging feeling
something like that might be the case.

I’ve just applied an extra paranoid version with commit 3bf50cd.

I’m going to mark this as resolved.  Mark, can you confirm that this is
fixed?  If not, I’ll re-open it.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---