Re: Any objections to using Unicode 6.1 in perl v5.16

From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
January 30, 2012 08:44
Re: Any objections to using Unicode 6.1 in perl v5.16
Message ID:
24853.1327941848@chthon
Ricardo wrote:

>* Karl Williamson <public@khwilliamson.com> [2012-01-27T13:40:18]
>> Unicode is about to release their latest version.  In the past, we
>> have automatically included the latest Unicode version in the next
>> Perl one; but I'm checking to see if there is any disagreement here.

> As I said on IRC, I am in favor of this.  If someone finds some great reason to
> hold off, though, he or she should speak up!

I'm certainly in favor.

Note though that the unbundled/dual-lived modules will not necessarily
update in sync.  For example, the UCA has some fancy new modifications
--and I don't mean just the DUCET--that won't be accounted for in
Unicode::Collate until new code is specifically written to handle it.

That's fine.

--tom