Re: ANCH_MBOL

From:
demerphq
Date:
January 30, 2012 00:19
Re: ANCH_MBOL
Message ID:
CANgJU+V78Z5RaQymCd=ta1UWUbZ-XeJn_1rcKjxFETjN6K-dQA@mail.gmail.com
On 30 January 2012 08:53,  <hv@crypt.org> wrote:
> Oops, I think I tried to mail this from the wrong machine.
>
> For your /^/m v. /[^\n]*/ patch, I was looking for an explanation in the
> code why the change fixes the latter without breaking the former, but
> didn't find one. Any chance you could add a comment to clarify that?

Ah sure. Off the top of my head I think it is because the opcode for ^
does the right thing internally in regmatch, but when it is implicit
it isnt actually there, so basically the implicitness just controls
the outer loop, not the behaviour of opcodes inside the inner loop.

I am adding p5p to this answer just in case i forget.

cheers,
Yves