Re: DC-Baltimore Perl Workshop, Sat Apr 14 2012

From:
John SJ Anderson
Date:
January 29, 2012 20:43
Re: DC-Baltimore Perl Workshop, Sat Apr 14 2012
Message ID:
969BC93F2FF04CB3B3B50D33FE15C781@genehack.org
On Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 21:48 , James E Keenan wrote:
> The first DC-Baltimore Perl Workshop (http://dcbpw.org/dcbpw2012/) will
> be held on Saturday, April 14, 2012, at the Community College of
> Baltimore County, Catonsville, Maryland, southwest of Baltimore.
>
> This one-day event will feature two tracks of speakers and will be held
> April 14th, 2012, on the campus of CCBC Catonsville. In addition to a
> track of speakers discussing innovative, exciting, and fun real world
> usage of Perl, we will have also have a day-long track devoted to Perl
> instruction, targeting both people who need to update their skills or
> who have never tried Perl before.
>
> The DCBPW team is currently actively seeking talks as well as corporate
> sponsors for the event. We will be working on a rolling talk acceptance
> policy, and the number of speaking slots is limited, so we encourage
> early talk submissions.
>
> The conference is dirt-cheap: $25 before Feb 1; $50 thereafter.

Just FYI: The $25 early registration price has been extended to March 1st. Additionally, registration is free for students and the currently unemployed.

> I'm posting this information on this list for a particular reason: The
> conference organizers have accepted my suggestion that there be a
> hackathon room set up during the course of the conference
> (http://dcbpw.org/dcbpw2012/wiki?node=Hackathon). I would like to take
> this as an opportunity to invite P5P participants in the northeastern US
> (and, perhaps, from farther afield) to meet F2F. We could work on the
> RT queue, do follow-up work from the Paris QA hackathon (two weeks
> earlier), argue about Perl >5.16 ... and more!

Hope to see many of you there!

chrs,
john,
DCBPW Organizer Cabal member