Re: [perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead of Tk forevent looping

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
January 29, 2012 11:32
Re: [perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead of Tk forevent looping
Message ID:
20120129193227.GA24697@fernweh.plasmasturm.org
* demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> [2012-01-19 13:05]:
> I consider the piece of code you pointed out to most unperlish, and an
> affront to the community and the spirit of CPAN.

From some angles I can see a justification. It may well be that users
direct questions about breakage caused by module B’s too-clever use of
module A to the author of module A, instead of the author of module B.

In such a case I can understand upstream lashing back against something
done downstream.

I have seen such situations occur many times in the wider libre software
community. Bad blood of one kind or another is *inevitable* when they
happen.

From what I know so far of this particular situation (which amounts to
very little), Marc’s reaction was not motivated by actual misdirected
support burden. In that case it does seem like, ahem, a Richard move.

Regards,