[perl #78332] perldoc does not show POD in UTF-8 properly

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
January 29, 2012 10:04
Subject:
[perl #78332] perldoc does not show POD in UTF-8 properly
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1327860242-1669.78332-15-0@perl.org
On Sun May 29 14:01:22 2011, sprout wrote:

> Is there any way to detect whether the nroff implementation supports it?
>
> Shouldn’t we also be checking for a UTF-8 locale? On Macs, one can
> change the character set used for display, which, in turn, sets the
> locale env vars. UTF-8 is the default.

The still open ticket in the rt.cpan queue indicates that there are
ongoing Mac-related issues:

https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=39000#txn-999837

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open