Re: [perl #109262] Increase the fallback value of MAXPATHLEN

From:
Mark Overmeer
Date:
January 28, 2012 14:41
Re: [perl #109262] Increase the fallback value of MAXPATHLEN
Message ID:
20120128224141.GB24071@moon.overmeer.net
* Dominic Hargreaves (perlbug-followup@perl.org) [120128 14:22]:
> # New Ticket Created by  Dominic Hargreaves
>
> The attached patch addresses a problem reported as
> <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=656869> where, even
> though no limit is defined in GNU/Hurd, MAXPATHLEN is limited to 1024.
>
> Increasing this to 4096 creates parity between GNU/Hurd and
> GNU/Linux. I'd be interested in opinions about whether this is sensible
> to apply.

The C constant _POSIX_PATH_MAX gives the minimal value for PATH_MAX to
be POSIX compliant (now 256, in the earlier posix versions 255)
Does pathconf('/etc',_PC_PATH_MAX) produce a nice value?
--
Regards,

               MarkOv

       Mark@Overmeer.net                          solutions@overmeer.net