Re: [perl #109262] Increase the fallback value of MAXPATHLEN

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
January 28, 2012 12:28
Re: [perl #109262] Increase the fallback value of MAXPATHLEN
Message ID:
CAHhgV8ggVBTOLTvveu0a1vt2ZjCFeyNwXOFrWDPkHzF-cBws5w@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Father Chrysostomos via RT
<perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> I’m not an expert in this area (in fact, I’m not an expert in any OS
> interaction), but as an outsider, if you will, I must ask:  What happens
> if MAXPATHLEN is set to a number larger than the system supports?  Would
> that result in a buffer overrun, or merely an unnecessarily large
> allocation?

In POSIX, system calls taking a path should return a ENAMETOOLONG
error in such a case.

Leon