DC-Baltimore Perl Workshop, Sat Apr 14 2012

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
January 25, 2012 18:47
Subject:
DC-Baltimore Perl Workshop, Sat Apr 14 2012
Message ID:
20120126024723.32162.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
The first DC-Baltimore Perl Workshop (http://dcbpw.org/dcbpw2012/) will
be held on Saturday, April 14, 2012, at the Community College of
Baltimore County, Catonsville, Maryland, southwest of Baltimore.

This one-day event will feature two tracks of speakers and will be held
April 14th, 2012, on the campus of CCBC Catonsville. In addition to a
track of speakers discussing innovative, exciting, and fun real world
usage of Perl, we will have also have a day-long track devoted to Perl
instruction, targeting both people who need to update their skills or
who have never tried Perl before.

The DCBPW team is currently actively seeking talks as well as corporate
sponsors for the event. We will be working on a rolling talk acceptance
policy, and the number of speaking slots is limited, so we encourage
early talk submissions.

The conference is dirt-cheap: $25 before Feb 1; $50 thereafter.

I'm posting this information on this list for a particular reason:  The
conference organizers have accepted my suggestion that there be a
hackathon room set up during the course of the conference
(http://dcbpw.org/dcbpw2012/wiki?node=Hackathon).  I would like to take
this as an opportunity to invite P5P participants in the northeastern US
(and, perhaps, from farther afield) to meet F2F.  We could work on the
RT queue, do follow-up work from the Paris QA hackathon (two weeks
earlier), argue about Perl >5.16 ... and more!

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan