(pointless) assignment to *CORE::foo broken

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
January 23, 2012 19:29
Subject:
(pointless) assignment to *CORE::foo broken
Message ID:
20120124032942.GA6941@cancer.codesimply.com

It came up on IRC that 8756617677dbda9a9ac19ac3155ca3bbabbf75a8 (I think) broke
the pointless-but-existing code:

  *CORE::exit = sub { ... }

Sure, people who say this probably forgot a :GLOBAL: in there.  The comment
doesn't make it clear that this was an intentional side-effect, though.

If it is, we should make a perldelta note that if you see this happen, it's
because we found your bug for you.  If it isn't, we should decide whether we
think there are other scary side-effects lurking.

I haven't really looked into it.  I said I'd drop the list an email, though,
and so I am doing so before collapsing into sleep.  Good night!

--
rjbs