[perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead of Tk for event looping

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
January 18, 2012 15:44
Subject:
[perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead of Tk for event looping
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1326930287-33.108470-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Jan 18 15:21:51 2012, dmcbride wrote:
> So, I suppose before we stray entirely off-topic, is it the opinion of
> someone
> willing to commit this or a similar patch to T::RL that all that is
> missing is
> some useful unit tests, or are there other, more basic issues that
> need to be
> resolved?

Unless you can get someone else familiar with this to sign off on the
patch, I would have to spend some time studying it myself before I feel
comfortable applying it.

> Also, do the tests need to conform to core-modules-only (plus AE and
> Tk), or
> can they be skippable tests that use other modules?  (Coro may make
> testing
> this much easier, for example, I'm not sure yet.)

It would make testing easier if you could avoid non-core modules (fewer
modules for people to install to make sure they don’t break things).

It would make testing even easier if you could use a mock object
(preferably in addition to the AE/Tk tests).

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open