[perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead of Tk for event looping

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
January 18, 2012 14:04
Subject:
[perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead of Tk for event looping
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1326924241-1837.108470-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Jan 18 12:53:06 2012, rcaputo wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2012, at 10:39, Nicholas Clark wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 07:27:35AM -0700, Darin McBride wrote:
> >
> >> The existing API isn't changed, but my answer to that is that AE is
> both more
> >> modern (not sufficient by itself) and more generic.  The point of
> AE seems to be
> >> to support any event model you might need, including Tk.
> >
> > And more portable?
> >
> > Or less portable?
> >
> > Given the author in question, and his preferences for how he spends
> his time
> > and where the cost/benefit of work arounds tips, I know which I'm
> going to
> > bet on.
>

> Interoperability requires cooperation from the author, and he's been
> known to break it for modules he doesn't like.  Ask Paul Evans and/or
> Matt Trout about this:
>
> https://metacpan.org/source/MLEHMANN/AnyEvent-
> 6.13/lib/AnyEvent.pm#L1396

Tying %INC could solve that. :-)