Re: [perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead of Tk forevent looping

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
January 18, 2012 09:41
Re: [perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead of Tk forevent looping
Message ID:
20120118174114.GM9069@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:32:08AM -0700, Darin McBride wrote:

> It's a soft dependency: if you want to use AE, T::RL should be able to support
> it.  If you want to use Tk, I'd suggest using AE anyway, but the revised patch
> doesn't force it.  If you don't want any event loop, that still works as
> before, too.  I don't want to force users of T::RL into using an event loop as
> I expect that wanting an event loop is likely to be a minority.
>
> So, other than a lack of automated unit tests, I see the revised patch as one
> that likely answers your concerns.

It does. I'd missed that this was in the revised patch. Thanks.

Nicholas Clark