Re: [perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead of Tk forevent looping

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
January 18, 2012 07:40
Re: [perl #108470] Term::ReadLine should use AE instead of Tk forevent looping
Message ID:
20120118153957.GF9069@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 07:27:35AM -0700, Darin McBride wrote:

> The existing API isn't changed, but my answer to that is that AE is both more
> modern (not sufficient by itself) and more generic.  The point of AE seems to be
> to support any event model you might need, including Tk.

And more portable?

Or less portable?

Given the author in question, and his preferences for how he spends his time
and where the cost/benefit of work arounds tips, I know which I'm going to
bet on.

ie I'd love to see AnyEvent as an option, even the default. But I don't feel
comfortable with making it a hard dependency, and removing the option to use
the existing Tk code.

Nicholas Clark