Cross Compiling Perl 5.10.0 to MIPS64

From:
Saurabh Mishra
Date:
January 18, 2012 07:14
Subject:
Cross Compiling Perl 5.10.0 to MIPS64
Message ID:
4F169741.6080909@ericsson.com
Hi --

We are trying to cross compile Perl 5.10.0 for MIPS64 processor running
NetBSD 3.0.0.

We are hitting a problem when miniperl tries to build configpm.

Any idea why miniperl is not giving any output when run on the
targethost? and how we can debug this problem and proceed further.

bash-3.2$ gmake
  /project/swbuild2/esaumis/offload1/pkt/sw/se/xc/bsd/tools/perl-5.10.0/
  Cross/run-ssh

  ./miniperl -Ilib configpm
  redback@10.184.22.47's password:
  gmake: *** [lib/Config.pod] Error 1
  bash-3.2$
  bash-3.2$
  bash-3.2$
  bash-3.2$ ls -l miniperl
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 esaumis rbak1 3279432 Jan 12 14:23 miniperl

  bash-3.2$ file miniperl
  miniperl: ELF 64-bit MSB executable, MIPS, MIPS32 version 1 (SYSV),
  for NetBSD 3.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for NetBSD 3.0,
  not stripped bash-3.2$

Running miniperl on targethost does not give anything:

  # ./miniperl -Ilib configpm
  # pwd
  /tmp

Thanks,