DAVEM TPF Grant December 2011 report

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
January 16, 2012 04:35
Subject:
DAVEM TPF Grant December 2011 report
Message ID:
20120116123514.GO2962@iabyn.com
As per my grant conditions, here is a report for the December period.

Spent it continuing my overhaul of the re_eval mechanism.
This month I finished off fixing literal code blocks within patterns; that
is to say, in all places where a code block appears literally within a
quoted-regex context in perl source, that code block will only be compiled
once, at the same time as the surrounding perl code, and then passed round
as necessary rather than being recompiled.

The main things left to do are to fix non-literal code blocks, e.g.

    $code = '(?{...})';
    use re 'eval';
    /abc$code/;

and make the code blocks be invoked in such a way that things like die,
return and caller() will work.

---

Over the last month I have averaged 8 hours per week.

As of 2011/12/31: since the beginning of the grant:

  94.9 weeks
1052.4 total hours
  11.1 average hours per week

There are now 248 hours left on the grant.

---

Report for period 2011/12/01 to 2011/12/31 inclusive

SUMMARY
-------

    Effort (HH::MM):

        0:00 diagnosing bugs
       37:00 fixing bugs
        0:00 reviewing other people's bug fixes
        0:00 reviewing ticket histories
        0:00 review the ticket queue (triage)
       -----
       37:00 TOTAL

    Numbers of tickets closed:

           0 tickets closed that have been worked on
           0 tickets closed related to bugs that have been fixed
           0 tickets closed that were reviewed but not worked on (triage)
       -----
           0 TOTAL

SHORT DETAIL

37:00 [perl #34161] METABUG - (?{...}) and (??{...}) regexp issues

--
Justice is when you get what you deserve.
Law is when you get what you pay for.