typemap documentation

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
January 15, 2012 23:46
Subject:
typemap documentation
Message ID:
20120116074607.10391.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Dear all,

would anybody oppose if I tried to get the existing documentation on the
core typemaps updated and into a manpage like perlxstypemap or so (with
the appropriate pointers from perlxs)? We have quite a bit of docs on
many typemaps in XS-Typemap's Typemap.xs. The sole purpose of that
module seems to test the typemaps. I don't believe XS::Typemap is
installed at all and thus the docs aren't available to end-users easily.

No promises on when it'll happen even if there's no bikeshedding.

Cheers,
Steffen

PS: I'll take that opportunity to add tests for typemaps that are
missing from XS::Typemap and whose purpose I actually understand if I
come across any of those.