[perl #4253] -T and -B invalidate _ filehandle when no read permission on file

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
January 14, 2012 01:22
Subject:
[perl #4253] -T and -B invalidate _ filehandle when no read permission on file
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1326532916-339.4253-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Feb 03 05:26:58 2005, eipel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that the problem is situated in the "pp_sys.c" file. When the
> function
> PP(pp_fttext) is used for a read protected file this function setted
>    the
> variable PL_Laststatval to -1. Than when the function tries to open
>    the not
> readable file we get a warning and the function exits. So the
> PL_Laststatval
> variable coundn't be set again.
>
> I had run "make test" and all seems to be ok.
>
> Regards
> Nikolai Eipel

(For reference, this was committed as change #23986 in Perforce, which
corresponds to git commit 25988e07.)

That commit also ended up affected -T with an explicit file name.

It also left things in an inconsistent state, in that -T _ would stop
lstat(_) from working.

I have fixed that in commit ad2d99e3.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: resolved