perl5160delta

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
January 13, 2012 07:36
Subject:
perl5160delta
Message ID:
20120113153607.GA6970@cancer.codesimply.com

We already have a nice pile of 5.15 releases to summarize, and rather than wait
for the final release cycle to begin, I have added Porting/perl5160delta.pod,
and I will slowly work through the existing deltas, bringing the most relevant
changes into the 5.16.0 delta  Other contributions are welcome!

http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/30682cc349b37cbf985f1c48d744e3ee5c748390

Note, too, that I have added a "Future Deprecations" section in which we can
warn that we are likely to deprecate things in 5.17-5.18, in an attempt to
solicit feedback from anyone who is using them *and* reading perldelta.

Please feel free to make your serious suggestions in reply to this message!
Some things I have heard suggested are:

  * mymalloc
  * the compiler
  * Pod::Parser, Pod::LaTeX