[perl #41472] *glob notation documentation error in perlref.pod

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
January 12, 2012 21:24
Subject:
[perl #41472] *glob notation documentation error in perlref.pod
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1326432243-473.41472-15-0@perl.org
On Sun Sep 26 14:32:21 2010, sprout wrote:
> > perlref says "The *glob notation is something of a symbolic
> > reference.", it
> > should not.  This is a very misleading statement, and can be
> > interpreted in
> > a way which is incorrect.
>
> I don’t understand. Could you me more specific?

A *glob is something of a symbolic reference, because, like a symbol
name, a typeglob represents all the data that have that name.  So I
think the documentation is correct as it is.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open