[perl #43068] BEGIN, CHECK, INIT, END should take EXPR in addition to BLOCK

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
January 12, 2012 16:58
Subject:
[perl #43068] BEGIN, CHECK, INIT, END should take EXPR in addition to BLOCK
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1326416275-1995.43068-15-0@perl.org
On Tue May 29 12:27:23 2007, davidnicol wrote:

> [snip]

> Anyway, my proposal is that the situation could be remedied
> by loosening the syntax of BEGIN etc. to allow rounds
> instead of curlies, which would not create a new lexical pad,
> after which C<use> would be modified to have an accurate
> documented equivalence of
>
>              BEGIN ( require Module; import Module LIST )

p5p list:  Is there any interest in developing this new syntax?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new