Re: [perl #93428] potential race condition when mixing signals and select()

From:
E R
Date:
January 11, 2012 22:56
Re: [perl #93428] potential race condition when mixing signals and select()
Message ID:
CA+QY9ttdQAycdtezEo1-AcPJOcobWbbV=uZ08apSyoDrGTNvaA@mail.gmail.com
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Leon Timmermans via RT
<perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> On Thu Jun 23 12:27:39 2011, pc88mxer@gmail.com wrote:
>> [Please describe your issue here]
>>
>> From this discussion on perlmonks:
>>
>> http://perlmonks.com/?node_id=908535
>>
>> it seems there is a race condition when mixing signals and select().
>>
>> A solution is to use pselect() instead of select() when available.
>
> This is *not* a perl bug. but a fundamental difficulty in dealing with
> signals. I suggest closing this ticket.

I think the suggestion is that perl should use pselect(2) instead of
select(2) when available.

Alternatively perl could add support for pselect and keep the current
behaviour of the select().

Comments?