[perl #8527] *_, free unreferenced scalar

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
January 10, 2012 12:26
Subject:
[perl #8527] *_, free unreferenced scalar
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1326227171-1743.8527-15-0@perl.org
On Sun Oct 10 17:59:54 2010, ikegami@adaelis.com wrote:
> On Sun Oct 10 16:51:32 2010, sprout wrote:
> > On Wed Feb 13 05:25:44 2002, sfink@digital-integrity.com wrote:
> > > perl -e 'map{*_=5}1'
> > > Attempt to free unreferenced scalar.
> >
> > Is this the result of the stack’s not being reference-counted?
>
> I think so. I've added a dependency to the meta ticket just in case.

Actually, it’s not.  It’s the result of the broken SAVE_DEFSV
implementation which I fixed in commit 55b5114f.

It turns out that #92254 (which I reported after searching the perl
source for SAVE_DEFSV) is a duplicate of this bug.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open