[perl #107874] installhtml likely isn't Unicode sane

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
January 10, 2012 09:08
Subject:
[perl #107874] installhtml likely isn't Unicode sane
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1326215276-1826.107874-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Nicholas Clark
# Please include the string:  [perl #107874]

When running ./installhtml I spotted this error:

Wide character in print at lib/Pod/Html.pm line 380.

I'd infer that (at least one of) installhtml or Pod::Html is not Unicode
sane. This is unfortunate. I would have hoped that it would be relatively
easy to ensure that all the input is properly processed, and all the
output is well behaved, optionally either as ASCII with entities, or
as UTF-8.

(There is a need for the former. The stupids, they burn. I have seen them.
Multiple conflicting actual content-type headers along with HTML META tags
in the file body. Who you gonna trust?)

I don't know if this is a regression from perl 5.14.0

Nicholas Clark