develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2011

[perl #107326] perl's unicode conversion fails when iconv succeeds

From:
Linda Walsh
Date:
December 30, 2011 10:41
Subject:
[perl #107326] perl's unicode conversion fails when iconv succeeds
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1325270506-1055.107326-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Linda Walsh
# Please include the string:  [perl #107326]

This is a bug report for perl from perl-diddler@tlinx.org,
generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.12.3.

[Please describe your issue here]

Was looking at ways to do upper/lower case compare, and bumped into
piconv as being a 'drop in replacement for "iconv"'.  So I decided to try
it thinking it would be a 'hoot' if it was faster.

Rather than faster, it choked at the beginning of my 98M test file
(i.e. I truncated the file to the first few lines, 672 bytes), which
reproduces the problem just fine .. Trés sad...