develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2011

[perl #29070] Deparsing v-string operands to ~ loses the ~

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
December 23, 2011 08:51
Subject:
[perl #29070] Deparsing v-string operands to ~ loses the ~
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-14510-1324659062-942.29070-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Jul 26 05:08:19 2007, jpeacock@rowman.com wrote:
> Oh, I could [easily] add set magic to the v-string mtable, but
> pp_assign (and
> others) don't *call* SetMagic, so this fix isn't going to work.

Are you sure about that?  If that’s the case, then ($|)=1 is broken.  It
may be constant folding that is not calling set-magic.

> Better to patch
> B::Deparse to make an effort to see whether the original string
> representation
> is still valid (though I have this vague memory that code in toke.c is
> not part
> of the public API, and hence is not available to use here).

I think a better solution would be to stop constant folding from folding
magical scalars.  This bug is not the only symptom.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open