[perl #99928] \R doesn't match correctly

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
October 27, 2011 09:47
Subject:
[perl #99928] \R doesn't match correctly
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-31297-1319734049-1008.99928-14-0@perl.org
Tom Christiansen has persuaded me that this is not a bug; that it is
working correctly.  The reason is that Unicode considers CR-LF to be a
unit, and so they should not be separated, even if it causes a match to
fail, that with backtracking would succeed.

I have changed the TODO test for this to look for match failure, and
have added a short explanation to perlrebackslash, with an example

--Karl Williamson