Re: [perl #99704] Add symlink support for Win32

From:
Zefram
Date:
October 26, 2011 12:01
Re: [perl #99704] Add symlink support for Win32
Message ID:
20111026190127.GH5839@lake.fysh.org
Jan Dubois wrote:
>The other complication is that for NTFS symlinks you need to know if
>the target is going to be a file or a directory when you create it.

This beast is clearly not a Unix symbolic link, and we should not
attempt to pretend that it is.  Creating it should not be shoehorned
into symlink(), -l should not report it as a symlink, and reading its
target should not be done  through readlink().  It needs distinct APIs
that take account of its distinctive properties.

-zefram