Re: [perl #93638] Incorrect entry in =?utf-8?b?JExTX0NPTE9SUw==?= causes glob() failures

From:
Ed Avis
Date:
October 26, 2011 06:04
Re: [perl #93638] Incorrect entry in =?utf-8?b?JExTX0NPTE9SUw==?= causes glob() failures
Message ID:
loom.20111026T150109-611@post.gmane.org
Father Chrysostomos via RT <perlbug-comment <at> perl.org> writes:

>>Another bug caused by csh is that globbing doesn't work with filenames
>>containing a space.

>You can use quotation marks in that case: <"* copy.txt">.

Great, thanks for the tip!  So I suppose the safe idiom is something like

    <"$basename.*">

But does it work correctly when the pattern contains the " character?
(Obviously, this is much less common than containing the space character.)
I would test it out but I don't yet have a perl with your recent bug fix.

--
Ed Avis <eda@waniasset.com>