RE: Are exceptions "still broken" in core Perl?

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
October 25, 2011 08:11
RE: Are exceptions "still broken" in core Perl?
Message ID:
1B32FF956ABF414C9BCE5E487A1497E70B61D906@ukmail02.planit.group
Zefram wrote on 2011-10-25:
> Steve Hay wrote:
>> seems not to have been changed - the problem still exists in 5.14.2,
> at least.
>
> Interesting, it emits the warning under "perl -w" but not if -w is not
> used.  This applies regardless of whether the exception is an object
or
> a string.  This detail could be changed.

I think it would be worth changing if it's not too difficult. Exception
strings used to show up "in cleanup" without -w, but don't any more. It
would be good if that minor regression could be fixed, and exception
objects treated likewise too. (I hadn't realized exception objects do
now work with -w, so thanks for pointing that out).