RE: Are exceptions "still broken" in core Perl?

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
October 25, 2011 07:36
RE: Are exceptions "still broken" in core Perl?
Message ID:
1B32FF956ABF414C9BCE5E487A1497E70B61D8B2@ukmail02.planit.group
Tom Christiansen wrote on 2011-10-25:
>  ( My apologies if this is a settled question; I'm
>    just looking for confirmation one way or the other. )
>  Per its perldelta, v5.14 fixes a slew of $@-handling bugs.  So does
> that obsolete the non-core Try::Tiny CPAN module?  As far as I can tell,
> it's just a workaround for [now-fixed(?)] bugs in the core.

On a related subject, the problem with exception objects that get thrown from a destructor going unnoticed, which I mentioned here: